Customer Service Representative - Splash Valley
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Selling admissions to Splash Valley Water Park and assisting with crowd control. Also assists external customers with requests for information or services. Work is performed under general supervision, often using independent judgment to resolve situations. Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Schedule will vary to include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collects admission fees and conducts point of sale transactions while following all applicable policies and procedures, cash handling and end of day reconciliation.
- Assists in orderly entrance and exit to the park.
- Delivers uncompromising customer service responding immediately to customer requests, inquiries, and concerns.
- Works directly with the public in person and on the phone demonstrating good communication skills in a warm and friendly manner.
- Provides information regarding services offered and assists customers, sometimes dealing with difficult situations or people.
- May work varied shifts to accommodate customers and facility.
- EducationRequired: Graduation from high school or equivalent.ExperiencePreferred: Customer service and cash handling experience.Certifications/LicensesRequired: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record. CPR, First Aid, and AED certified or ability to obtain (Green Ridge will offer training if needed).Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNone
- Strong ability to work with public in person and by phone.
- Ability to advise on and interpret County policies in researching and resolving customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, coworkers, activity participants and the general public.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment technology.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction and work procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.