Customer Service Representative - General Services (Open Until Filled)
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Perform work of moderate difficulty in assisting internal and external customers with requests for information or services and in resolving customer requests, complaints or problems. Administrative work that may include data entry, payment collection, and maintaining department records. Interprets County policies in researching and resolving customer inquiries, requests and complaints. May work as part of a self- directed work group or team. Work is performed under general supervision, often using independent judgement to resolve situations. Performs other duties as required.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delivers uncompromising customer service, responding immediately to customer requests, inquiries, and concerns.
- Works directly with the public on the phone and in person demonstrating good communication skills in a warm, friendly manner.
- Resolves customer questions and problems following established policies.
- Provides information to customers regarding departmental programs and policies.
- Handles inquiries from other departments and customers concerning service.
- Prepares, updates and maintains customer records in database.
- Performs related administrative work including data entry and record keeping.
- Reviews various reports on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of data.
- Sets up new construction addresses where new service is being established.
- EducationRequired: High school diploma or equivalent.Required: Valid Virginia driver's license required with good driving record for occasional use of County vehicle to conduct County business.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history background search with acceptable results. Must also be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
- Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment technology.
- Ability to work with the public in person and by phone; advise on and interpret County policies in researching and resolving customer inquiries, requests and complaints and to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, coworkers and the general public.
- Ability to communicate with crews on the routes (via radio) to resolve issues both there and with citizens in real time.
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer and use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
• Twelve paid holidays
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
• Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
• Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Credit Union Membership