Customer Service - Explore ParkRoanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
- Performs work of moderate difficulty in assisting internal and external customers with requests for information or services and in resolving customer requests, complaints or problems; maintains customer accounts and interprets center policies and procedures. Work is performed under general supervision, often using independent judgment to resolve situations. Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Delivers uncompromising customer service responding immediately to customer requests, inquiries, and concerns.
• Works directly with the public demonstrating good communication skills in a warm and friendly manner.
• Provides information regarding services offered and assists customers, sometimes dealing with difficult situations or people.
• Performs related administrative work including data entry and record keeping. Reviews various reports and edits to ensure accuracy.
• Provide customers with product and service information regarding facility rentals. Refer wedding/event rental inquires to tourism and event coordinator.
• Takes program registrations and assists customers with existing rentals as necessary.
• Collects fees and conducts point of sale transactions while following all applicable policies and procedures governing revenue collection, cash handling and end of day reconciliation.
• Performs inventory of front desk office supplies.
• Maintain ongoing artisan inventory and communicate for restocking with artisan when necessary.
• Restock merchandise as necessary.
• Opens and closes the building according to set operating procedures.
• Cleans facility as needed.
Education Required: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Experience Required: One (1) to two (2) years of customer service experience (could be in a variety of settings)
Preferred: Three (3) or more years of customer service experience
Required: Valid Virginia driver's license with good driving record. CPR, First Aid, and AED certified or ability to obtain.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong ability to work with public in person and by phone.
• Ability to advise on and interpret County policies in researching
and resolving customer inquiries, requests and complaints.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, coworkers, activity participants and the general public.
• Ability to function as part of a team.
• Ability to perform set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs and equipment as required for programs, activities and rentals.
• Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment technology.
• Ability to follow oral and written direction and work procedures.
• Ability to take initiative and follow through to completion.
• Skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer software.
Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."