Custodian (Open Until Filled)
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs repetitive manual work involving the efficient cleaning of County buildings and the performance of project work. Applies specific procedures to recurring situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of materials and equipment, such as chemicals, vacuums, buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and waxes floors.
- Dusts furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans and polishes woodwork and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms, including all fixtures, and replenishes paper products
- Cleans interior glass partitions and glass doors
- Removes trash from all containers
- Performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks
- Attends monthly safety meetings
- Provides customer service
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as required
- EducationPreferred: Graduation from High School or equivalent.ExperienceRequired: Prior experience in the cleaning of buildings.Certifications/ LicensesnoneKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNone
- Good knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning materials and equipment safely, efficiently and effectively; follow simple oral and written instructions; and to understand and follow instructions covering cautions and use listed on containers of materials used for custodial work.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Part-time employees are not eligible for employee benefits.
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
- Twelve paid holidays
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
- Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union Membership
- Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match