Custodian (Open Until Filled)
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs repetitive manual work involving the efficient cleaning of County buildings and the performance of project work. Applies specific procedures to recurring situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires 20-29 hours per week. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, evening hours. If anyone has questions about this position, or needs assistance applying, please call Billy Greenway at 540-777-6381.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of materials and equipment, such as chemicals, vacuums, buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and waxes floors.
- Dusts furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans and polishes woodwork and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms, including all fixtures, and replenishes paper products
- Cleans interior glass partitions and glass doors
- Removes trash from all containers
- Performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks
- Attends monthly safety meetings
- Provides customer service
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as required
- EducationPreferred: Graduation from High School or equivalent.ExperienceRequired: Prior experience in the cleaning of buildings.Certifications/ LicensesnoneKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNone
- Good knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning materials and equipment safely, efficiently and effectively; follow simple oral and written instructions; and to understand and follow instructions covering cautions and use listed on containers of materials used for custodial work.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Part-time employees are not eligible for employee benefits.
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
- Twelve paid holidays
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
- Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union Membership
- Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match