Custodian - Green RidgeRoanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs repetitive manual work involving the efficient cleaning of a Recreation Center/grounds and the performance of project work. Applies specific procedures to recurring situations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Detail-oriented person needed to care for and maintain recreation center in addition to other varied duties on a daily basis. Must be a self starter and have a strong work ethic.
Must be available to work Monday - Friday, 4:00pm - 9:00pm, possible weekends.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of materials and equipment, such as chemicals, vacuums, buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and waxes floors.
- Dusts furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans and polishes woodwork and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms, including all fixtures, and replenishes paper products.
- Cleans interior and exterior glass partitions and glass doors.
- Removes trash from all containers.
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as required.
- Performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks.
- Assists with the maintenance of exterior grounds.
- Set up and breakdown rooms as needed for rentals, programs, and special events.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Provides customer service.
- EducationPreferred: Graduation from High School or equivalentExperienceRequired: Prior experience in the cleaning of buildingsLicense/CertificationPreferred: Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification.Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesGood knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.Ability to use a variety of cleaning materials and equipment safely, efficiently and effectively; follow simple oral and written instructions; and to understand and follow instructions covering cautions and use listed on containers of materials used for custodial work.Additional Requirements
- Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.
01Were you referred by a Roanoke County employee? If so, please provide their name below. If not, list "N/A."