Custodian - Floor Cleaning Technician (Open Until Filled)Roanoke County
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs repetitive manual work involving the efficient cleaning of County buildings and the performance of project work. Applies specific procedures to recurring situations. Uses floor cleaning equipment and follows floor care procedures at multiple County facilities. Performs other duties as assigned.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of materials and equipment, such as chemicals, vacuums, buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, and waxes floors.
- Dusts furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans and polishes woodwork and furniture.
- Cleans restrooms, including all fixtures, and replenishes paper products
- Cleans interior glass partitions and glass doors
- Removes trash from all containers
- Performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks
- Attends monthly safety meetings
- Provides customer service
- Requests cleaning supplies and equipment as required
- EducationPreferred: Graduation from High School or equivalent.ExperienceRequired: Prior experience in the cleaning of buildings.Preferred: Some experience using large floor care equipment.Must possess a valid Virginia driver's license and have a good driving record.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Additional RequirementsSubject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Good physical condition. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNone
- Good knowledge of cleaning methods, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of cleaning materials and equipment safely, efficiently and effectively; follow simple oral and written instructions; and to understand and follow instructions covering cautions and use listed on containers of materials used for custodial work.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Benefits are available to full-time positions only.