Accreditation Support Specialist
- GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Performs complex and responsible administrative support work of a specialized nature in a functional area of a department which requires the application of policies, and procedures. May perform activities such as directing, scheduling, or controlling specific activities related to the program area. Requires the ability to make independent decisions and decision-making on procedures and operations. Performs other duties as assigned.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares American Correctional Association (ACA), Department of Corrections (DOC), Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission (VLEPSC) and Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) files
- Maintains the standards filing system for the Professional Standards Unit
- Monitors quarterly documentation submitted for ACA, VLEPSC, DOC and PREA to ensure standard compliance
- Makes preparation for the ACA, DOC, VLEPSC and PREA on site audits
- Reviews incident reports weekly to document compliance with standards.
- Reviews Outcome Measures that are submitted on a monthly basis and prepare an annual ACA report.
- Prepares spreadsheets for compliance documentation
- Updates photos in standard files for every accreditation audit
- Assists with PSU division purchases; verifies and reconciles invoices.
- Coordinates accreditation orientation for new hires and assist staff with training needs.
- Assists with applicant testing/hiring process
- Prepares Annual Outcome Measure Report to submit to ACA
- Prepares spreadsheets for compliance documentation.
- Assures that the Outcome Measures are submitted on a monthly basis.
- Update photos in standard files for every accreditation audit.
- Scans records and other documentation for American Correctional Association (ACA), Virginia Law Enforcement Professional Standards Commission (VLEPSC), Department of Corrections (DOC), Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), and other requirements concerning PSU to assure accuracy and compliance.
- Monitors quarterly documentation submitted for ACA, VLEPSC, DOC, and PREA to ensure standard compliance.
- Assist the accreditation manager during the preparation of the ACA, VLEPSC, DOC and PREA files.
- Assists the Accreditation Manager during ACA, VLEPSC, DOC and PREA on site audits.
- Prepares, enters and verifies data in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Performs various administrative and clerical functions necessary to support departmental goals.
- Maintains records used to process payments to vendors for departmental projects.
- Composes, types, and distributes routine correspondence.
- Participates in staff meetings and additional task forces, taking notes and preparing minutes as necessary.
- Creates documents, reports, procedures manuals, tables, and graphs as necessary.
- Operates a variety of office equipment and related software, including transcribing equipment, personal computer, word processor, and other information processing equipment
- May assist in the screening process for open positions within the department.
- Trains new employees on departmental procedures.
- Prioritizes and distributes work to clerical personnel assigned to the department.
- Represents the department at various meetings or activities.
- Maintains appointment’s, schedules, and issues reports as needed
- Obtains pricing, orders office supplies, and makes other purchases as needed on a monthly basis. Ensures supplies are maintained in an organized manner.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by business school or college level courses in Business English and Business Mathematics OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preferred: Associates Degree
Required: Considerable experience in progressively responsible support work.
Required: Must possess a valid Virginia driver's license and have a good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of office terminology, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of secretarial techniques, business English, spelling and arithmetic
• Knowledge of rules, regulations and ordinances administered by the Department
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to perform quantitative and narrative reporting
• Ability to interpret and implement policies
• Ability to perform administrative duties
• Ability to direct the activities of other employees, if necessary
• Ability to exercise some decision-making authority on procedures and operations using guidelines in place for Roanoke County financial matters
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information handled in the department
• Skill in the use of a computer and scanning equipment
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
• Skill in organizing and performing administrative functions.
Successful applicant must not have been convicted of any criminal offenses and will undergo a background investigation to determine suitability for the position. May be subject to DMV driving record review as required by amount of work related driving, specified by support responsibilities. Must also be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
• Progressive Flexible Leave Plan with cash-in option
• Twelve paid holidays
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Long Term Disability Insurance
• Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
• Virginia Retirement System - Membership in VRS is automatic upon hire into a covered position. County contributes and employees pay their membership contribution.
• Deferred Compensation Plan with County Match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Credit Union Membership