RK&K is looking for talented and driven Roadway and Bridge Inspectors to grow and strengthen our construction management/inspection business in the Roanoke, VA Area!
In this role, you will ensure quality control and contract compliance for roadway, structure, and bridge construction/maintenance projects.
- Provide construction management support, including inspection and monitoring of roadway and bridge structures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Fully engage in solving problems to provide technical evaluation and sound solutions
- Reviews lines, grades, dimensions, and elevations using standard survey and field
- engineering equipment
- Interface with clients, state and federal agencies, and other engineering disciplines on construction projects. Recordkeeping and reporting as required
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Three (3) years of highway construction inspection experience
- Working knowledge of roadway, asphalt, concrete, pavement markings, structure and bridge construction methods
- VDOT Material Certifications (Asphalt, Concrete, Pavement Marking, Soils, Intermediate Traffic Control Certified, etc.)
- Knowledge of materials, standards, and specifications related to state highway projects and facilities
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
- Acceptable driving record
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- VDOT and/or local public agency experience desired
- Site Manager experience a plus
RK&K hires those with contracting, military, surveying, and related experience and will provide further training.
Visit us at www.rkk.com
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud. The employee may need to move and lift field equipment and tools. The employee may need to use a variety of safety equipment, including harnesses, scaffolding, etc. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
Ranked 68th on ENR’s 2019 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our responsiveness to our clients’ needs, using sound, and creative, technical solutions to deliver the best possible outcomes on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.