We are an exceptional group of like-minded owners, growers, and service professionals unparalleled in the greenhouse industry today. Our vertical integration closes the gap between grower, retailer, and consumer. We are the first greenhouse company in North America to own and operate farms in all three NAFTA countries, Canada, Mexico and the United States.
Our 18 acre greenhouse in Dublin, VA is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains near Roanoke and Blacksburg, VA. It is a great place for outdoor enthusiasts (hiking, kayaking, fishing, etc.) and the local universities have much to offer in the way of arts and entertainment.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, preventative maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s business goals and objectives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs minor electrical maintenance including, but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power, and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, adding new lines, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry, and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks, and handles, etc.).
- Performs basic mechanic skills including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting of production machines.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces, or repairs parts, tests, and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines and on production equipment.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate concerns.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- At least one year of maintenance experience is required.
- Experience in greenhouse maintenance is preferred.
- A valid VA driver’s license with an acceptable (per our insurance company’s standards) driving record is required.
- Must complete and pass Forklift Driver Certification Course within 90 days of hire.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
Please submit resumes to:
Red Sun Farms- Human Resources
PO Box 2525, Dublin VA, 24084