Department - IMPACT Lab-11026
Advanced degree in a related field with significant experience in multimedia development is preferred or equivalent education, experience and/or training.
The Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab at Radford University is looking for a multimedia specialist to work in a fast-paced environment where you'll have a constant flow of projects to support. From creating content for professional development for K-12 teachers via micro-credentials to full cybersecurity and geospatial intelligence courses, you'll support a wide range of efforts. Your designs will help adult learners across many fields get the information they need in a way that makes it easy to understand and meet the competencies built within the courses. In addition to bringing your own design skills and experience to the team, you'll have the opportunity to learn new aspects of visual communications and multimedia production from a highly skilled team.
The Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab Multimedia Specialist position will work with a team responsible for designing, creating, manipulating and tailoring graphics, images, sound, animation, video, and text to create integrated multimedia programs in an online instructional learning environment. This position will develop and execute digital media production assignments from original concept through final implementation with oversight and direction from senior multimedia specialists. The position will partner with internal and external clients including senior team members and faculty regarding multimedia projects and services.
- Experience with and proficiency using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or motion graphics and effects software.
- Comprehensive knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery, and other production formats.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional quality productions, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound, and editing.
- Proven understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Ability to work on a variety of simultaneous projects within deadlines with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and articulate multimedia products and options and adapt to alternatives when appropriate.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgement, and diplomacy to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience, including high-level executives and faculty.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Detail-oriented with attention to accuracy required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidates must have the ability to translate high-level concepts into creative content.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing archival digitization projects.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
Application Review: Date 05/04/2022
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Must have a criminal background check,
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Radford University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, Radford University publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years' of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at Radford.edu/police. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the Radford University Police Department located at 810 East Main Street PO Box 6883, Radford, VA, 24142.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation in the application process please contact the hiring department.