• Master's degree in business, counseling, human resources, higher education administration, or a related field.
• 2 or more years of experience in career development, human resources, or a related field.
• Proven ability to coach and advise university student populations toward goal attainment and success.
• Passion for the visual and performing arts.
The Career Coach, in collaboration with their academic and industry partners, foster an innovative culture, help students explore a variety of career options aligned with their academic pursuits, teach/instruct career and professional development courses, serve on retention initiatives, connect students to industry experts and cultivate experiential learning opportunities
• Demonstrated track record of innovative thinking, problem solving, and creativity.
• Demonstrated knowledge of career pathway planning and recruiting practices.
• Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications, management and training abilities.
• Advanced project and program management abilities.
• Bachelor's degree.
Must have a criminal background check
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Radford University does not discriminate with regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, or political affiliation in the administration of its educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, Radford University publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university's policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years' of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at Radford.edu/police. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the Radford University Police Department located at 810 East Main Street PO Box6883, Radford, VA, 24142.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation in the application process please contact the hiring department.