PREVENTION EDUCATORNew River Valley Community Services
Job Location US-VA-Blacksburg
Job ID 2019-2300
# of Openings 1
Salary Details Hourly position, $15.00 per hour.
This position is responsible for facilitating the "Too Good For Drugs" curriculum in grades 6 and 9 in Pulaski County Public Schools. Implementation essentials include teaching one lesson per week for 10 weeks in each Health/PE class while maintaining fidelity to the curriculum. Class schedules vary, and require teaching the program both semesters. Number of hours per week varies, but averages approximately 20 hours per week for 10 months (mid- August to mid- June). This is a grant funded position through June 30, 2021.
Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in education, or a human service field, with at least one year of related work experience.
• Certification in CPR, First Aid, Applied Crisis Training (ACT) – provided upon hire;
• Human Rights training upon hire and at least annually thereafter;
• Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) – provided upon hire;
• Must possess a valid driver's license (Virginia, unless otherwise approved by agency) and an acceptable driving record must be maintained throughout employment;
• Acceptable drug screen results upon hire and as required by policy for position.
Preferred: Teaching/facilitation experience in a traditional classroom setting, familiarity with Pulaski County community.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Compensation is $15.00 per hour - with no benefits