Application Specialist – Land Development Systems #140119-1Montgomery County Planning & GIS Services
Application Specialist – Land Development Systems
County of Montgomery
Department of Information Technology #140119-1
The Application Specialist – Land Development Systems will maintain applications and integrations related to land management within the County's applications portfolio utilized by Planning, GIS, Commissioner of Revenue, Assessment, Inspections, and numerous other departments. This position is responsible for, or to assist with, the design, coding, testing, debugging, and implementation phases of the application systems development process. The position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential duties:
• Analyze and understand functional business needs and requirements for departments using land development management software.
• Develop integrations/web services and support the land development management applications in the IT Application portfolio.
• Develop and support the land development management web presence ensuring that future web development is consistent with the web architecture and direction for the County's internet and intranet sites.
• Provide quality assurance and testing for land development management implementations.
• Work closely with end users of the land development management programs supported.
• Develop and maintain end-user and technical documentation for the application portfolio.
Associate Degree in Information Technology or closely related field with 1 – 2 years related experience, with a preference for those with application/web development in MS environment with C#NET, Visual Studio and cloud computing. Minimum salary $53,055/year plus DOQ, plus excellent benefits (paid medical/dental, Virginia Retirement System, optional life/disability/wellness programs, flex spending, 401 & 457 retirement plans) and much more!
Montgomery County, VA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.