Judicial Law Clerk #210102-2Montgomery County Circuit Court
Judicial Law Clerk
Montgomery County, Virginia
Montgomery County Circuit Court seeks Judicial Law Clerk candidates for the FY 2021 term (September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021). The Judicial Law Clerk is customarily a 1-year term with duties including but not limited to: conducting legal research for judges, reviewing probation reports/summaries for judicial review, attending court proceedings, and assisting judges in similar duties in preparation for court cases.
Customary essential duties include:
• Conducting legal research for judges with accuracy and pertinence.
• Reviewing probation reports and prepare summaries for judicial review.
• Attending court proceedings.
• Assisting in drafting opinions on various matters.
• Assisting in coordinating dockets for court.
• Assisting in Pro se and prisoner litigation.
• Maintenance and upkeep of the Law Library.
• Working independently and cooperatively to build and maintain productive working relationships with other court staff/officers, Commonwealth Attorney's Office, Law Enforcement offices and other applicable organizations.
• Performing related tasks as required.
Juris Doctorate degree with demonstrable knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules and democratic political processes required. Minimum salary $48,122/annually plus excellent benefits including paid health, dental and vision, life, disability, retirement, flexible spending plan, wellness programs, and more.
For more information, please call or to request application assistance for disabilities, contact Human Resources at (540) 394-2007.
Montgomery County, VA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion retention or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.