We are now accepting applications to fill a full-time hourly Warehouse Operator position at the Constellation Brands Daleville Brewery, located in the Botetourt Center at Greenfield.
The Warehouse Operator will work in an industrial brewery setting. They will assist the Warehouse Manager and fellow Warehouse team members with shipping, receiving, and transfers of product and raw materials. Additionally, they will perform inventory control procedures, and receive access to inventory and accounting software to perform these duties.
This position provides critical support to all Operations departments (Production, Cellar, Brewing, Lab). This individual is critical for our business, to optimize warehouse and transportation efficiencies across the Beer Division.
In this position, the Warehouse Operator is responsible for maintaining high standards of integrity in every aspect of their job, and are expected to report and/or correct any concerns and/or substandard product quality issues, as necessary. This individual will report to the Warehouse Manager and will play a key role in driving Constellation's high-volume needs and quality expectations.
- Execute logistics schedules
- Pick, pack, label, stage, load & unload trucks
- Collaborate with team members, observe workflow, and adjust as needed to achieve optimum level of efficiency
- Stay advised on brewing and packaging schedules to ensure all on-hand raw materials are aligned
- Maintain organized warehouse space to provide maximum flexibility, capacity and efficiency
- Participate in regular cycle counts and required physical inventory counts
- Use and uphold the First In First Out (FIFO) method for product rotation
- Maintain accurate inventory by resolving and reporting variances, reviewing physical inventory against Microsoft AX accounting software, and compiling/saving inventory reports on secure shared staff drive
- Accurately and efficiently document orders for distribution, ensuring product is rotated properly and inventory statuses are enforced
- Maintain records as required by company policies, TTB, OSHA, and other governing agencies.
- Ensure that forklifts are operating safely and checked for trash and debris before and after all shifts
- Train new team members on protocols and procedures, with focus on 5S and continuous improvement efforts
- Report any billing issues and inventory adjustments to the Warehouse Manager and/or Warehouse Lead, as needed
- Exercise strong oral and written communication skills to track progress of warehouse inventory
- Communicate shortages and out-of-stock items to Distribution Team for reallocation or rescheduling
- Execute excellent communication skills and a stellar customer service experience to peers, managers, vendors, consumers, and other appropriate associates
- Be an active and responsible participant in all safety procedures & assessments, stock keeping, location integrity and housekeeping during shift hours
- High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years of forklift and/or relevant work experience in a warehouse/manufacturing setting
- Computer proficiency, including proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Current forklift certification, or ability to obtain certification upon hire
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. repetitively in various postural demands
- Core hours are Monday through Friday, but most possess the ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, overnights, holidays and alternative work weeks as needed
- 3+ years of forklift and relevant work experience
- Knowledge of computerized inventory and tracking systems, Microsoft Dynamics AX is preferred
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and computerized order management
- Knowledge of distribution and transportation industry
- Strong knowledge of warehouse and material handling operations, methods, and practices
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work at least 8 hours per day
- Manual materials handling, with the ability to lift at least 50 lbs. consistently and reach at/above/below shoulder level
- Will frequently lift, push, pull, and move items weighing 50 lbs. or more
- Ability to work in various weather conditions due to indoor and outdoor work duties
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Ability to work through long periods of sitting, with occasional walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, crouching and bending to perform necessary job duties
- Will work in an industrial setting with heavy moving machinery, loud noises, textured floors and chemical hazards; flooring may become slippery from moisture and other elements; this position requires constant attention to hazards and safety concerns
- Visual Demands: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
- Auditory Demands: Ability to interpret speech for all normal volume communications
Please note this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time position, with immediate eligibility to enroll in health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) upon hire. PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K with company match, Employee Product Allowance, and additional perks are available. We look forward to reviewing your application. Cheers to your next career!
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaOperations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).