We are a large, progressive Roanoke CPA firm, seeking CPA's or CPA candidates for our tax and audit staff. We offer challenging assignments, an excellent work environment and a top-notch salary and benefits package.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
As a full-time audit and tax professional, you will work closely with experienced senior team members (Associates through Partner levels), gaining exposure to an array of industries. You will have the opportunity to experience various client types and accounting issues, while providing value-added solutions to our clients.
- Specific duties are listed below:
- Prepare workpapers and post journal entries
- Import working trial balance into firm engagement software
- Work with team to reconcile account differences and analyze financial data
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership or other tax returns
- Any other special assignment or tasks given by a senior team member or partner
Successful associates display the following skills and characteristics:
- Solid technical accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite, advanced Excel experience a plus
- Experience in CCH Engagement or Lacerte tax a plus (preferred)
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Associate positions require a bachelor's degree in accounting, master's degree preferred
- Associates must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or have CPA certification.
- 0-3 years previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit or tax work is a plus.
We're committed to providing superior service that is both personalized and comprehensive. We're here as a resource, advisor, and partner in achieving business strategies that contribute to the continued success of our clients.
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parking
- Continuing Professional Education
- Reimbursement of CPA exam, once passed
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
If you are looking to make a change or just starting your career in accounting. We encourage you to apply. We have an inviting work culture, with offices located in Downtown Roanoke, VA. You will work with a great group of experienced Accountants that will provide you with a wide range of knowledge and experience to help launch and elevate your career in public accounting.