Director of Alumni and Family Programs
The Director of Alumni and Family Programs is responsible for developing and managing initiatives that maintain and strengthen the College's connection to alumni through targeted programming, events, and overseeing outreach and program management to engage students in support of their transition from students to alumni.
This is an active and very visible position on campus, requiring someone that is both collaborative but also capable of working independently to develop, implement, and executive initiatives that promote alumni engagement on and off campus.
1. Create, maintain, supervise, and evaluate alumni programs and services to assist the college in achieving its goal of building lifelong relationships between Ferrum College and its alumni.
2. Maintain regular communication and engagement with alumni, including digital communications (website, Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook) and print communications with the assistance of Marketing and Communications.
3. Direct management and oversight of Homecoming and other special events related to the Alumni and Family Relations office:
2b. Alumni Board Meetings
2c. Alumni Awards
2e. Giving society meetings or special events
2f. Golden Panther induction
2g. Sports Hall of Fame induction
4. Assist in managing alumni records in Raiser's Edge by working collaboratively with other members of Institutional Advancement.
5. Work strategically with the Alumni Board to facilitate two annual meetings focusing on goal setting and success.
4a. Inspiring the board to look to expand its operations and grow engagement
4b. Creation of alumni chapters that engage with ABOD and create engagement opportunities and programs
4c. Collect nominations for alumni specific awards
6. Serve as Advisor to the senior class, overseeing senior class events and gift opportunities.
7. Collaborate and assist in events requiring all Institutional Advancement members (ie Commencement, FolkLife Festival, etc)
8. Oversight and management of alumni budget for programs and engagement opportunities.
9. Occasional travel to alumni events to represent the college.
10. Work collaboratively with Development office to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni giving
11. Other duties as assigned.
C. Supervision Given
Work Study Students
D. Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Equivalent of 3-5 years work experience in Alumni and/or Development functions
3. Understanding of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn and use the Ferrum College Alumni/Development database.
4. Excellent written/oral communication skills (including social media and email communications)
5. Ability to manage volunteers
6. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
7. Willing to work evenings, weekends, and travel
We offer competitive pay, an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurance; paid holidays, personal and sick leave and vacation; tuition waiver and tuition exchange; and a 403(b) plan.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.