Administrative Computing Specialist - VA
Administrative Computing Specialist
Ferrum College is accepting applications for the full-time position of Administrative Computing Specialist. This position fulfills a key role in supporting technology usage for Ferrum College's administrative computing systems. This position brings an overall understanding of various Ferrum College software to multiple campus constituent with the primary focus on student information system. This position requires a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
• Assist other IT staff who support the student information system in a collaborative, team environment
• Monitor new releases and implement new features for the student information system
• Work with IT staff members to develop basic user training & documentation for administrative computing users
• Assist in evaluating, implementing supporting data integration requests to the student information system
• Assist in the development & support of data analytics to provide historical and current data trends to college leadership
• Coordinate troubleshooting efforts with venders as required
• Assist faculty and staff with third party software requests and evaluate those requests according to a feasibility matrix
• Other duties as assigned
• Associate's Degree or related computer science college-level course work
• Demonstrated technical aptitude & skills responding to information systems needs and initiatives involving new technologies
• Experience in modern script and coding languages
• Functional understanding of RESTful APIs
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
• Strong customer service mindset
• Bachelor's Degree or higher
• Experience in higher education
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, life, STD/LTD insurances, and a 403b retirement plan. As an employee of Ferrum College, you and your dependents are eligible for a wide array of benefits including free or reduced tuition to many private colleges. You are also eligible for paid holidays, personal and sick leave and vacation. Interested candidates should submit a resume and a Ferrum College application to email@example.com or forward to Human Resources, Ferrum College, P.O. Box 1000, Ferrum, VA 24088. Background checks are required.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.