Coordinator of Children, Youth, and Family MinistriesCollege Lutheran Church
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Coordinator of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
College Evangelical Lutheran
Anticipated Start Date: Flexible
College Evangelical Lutheran Church (Salem, Virginia) seeks applications for a part-time Coordinator of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries. The weekly working hours will average 20 hours per week with the understanding that some weeks may require more than 25 hours and some weeks fewer than 20 hours. Scheduling will be determined by the Coordinator of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries in consultation with the Pastor.
Salary range is $20,000-25,000 annually, commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes two (2) weeks of paid annual vacation. Continuing education funds are available.
Under the supervision of the Pastor, the Coordinator serves alongside of congregational leaders, advocates for and facilitates Children, Youth, and Family Ministry programs. Programs include Nursery; Sunday School (Pre K-High School); Confirmation; Vacation Bible School and other summer programs; Youth Group; and Family Faith Formation.
The responsibilities and expectations of the Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support, leadership, and effective communication for Children, Youth, and Family Ministry programs.
- Assist in the planning, development and oversight of ministry programs.
- Communicates with the Congregation using direct and in-print/electronic/social media platforms to promote Children, Youth, and Family Ministry programs.
- Facilitate the development of a coordinated vision for Children, Youth, and Family Ministries.
- In partnership and collaboration with the Pastor and Congregational leaders, develop annual priorities/goals which include year-round programming for the areas identified above.
- Build strong relationships with CLC Children, Youth, and Families.
- Works closely with the Pastor and Congregational leaders to seek and develop ways for participants to fully embrace the life of the church, including worship, fellowship, outreach, service ministries, and Virginia Synod and ELCA events.
- Manage the recruitment, training, and support of volunteers for Children, Youth, and Family Ministry programs.
- Determine skills and talents; develop and deliver orientation and training; and facilitate the completion of background checks as required.
- Successful candidate should possess a degree or have significant experience in Christian Education or related field; knowledge of Lutheran teachings and principles; leadership ability; ability to work with and inspire volunteers; ability to build effective relationships; ability to work with multiple age groups. Demonstrated management experience, and administrative and leadership skills required.
- Enthusiastic, organized, collaborative, and excellent personal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) are essential.