Director of Mission Integration and Chaplain - Franciscan Villa (on site child care)
Director of Mission Integration and Chaplain
Franciscan Villa is seeking a Director of Mission Integration and Chaplain. This full-time position will provide leadership in integrating mission and values into every element of operations by working with all employees, especially managers. In addition, the Director will provide for the spiritual and religious care of residents. The ideal candidate will have experience in a nursing home; possess skills in adult formation and spiritual care; have at least two units of CPE and be a Catholic familiar with Church teachings and practices.
Franciscan Villa, located in South Milwaukee WI, is a senior living community that offers three levels of assisted living options, rehabilitative services, skilled nursing care and a child day care center for employees and members of the community. Franciscan Villa is a member organization of CHI Living Communities, a subsidiary of CommonSpirit Health. For more information, see www.HomeIsHere.org
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Serves as the subject matter expert in Mission, Values, Catholic identity and heritage within the local facility. Understands, promotes, and interprets the Mission and Values and ensures their application to policies and practices.
- Cultivates spirituality in the workplace. Leads prayer and theological reflections with managers and employees.
- Maintains responsibility for the formation of managers and employees, including understanding and support of Mission, Values, Catholic identity and heritage. This includes initial orientation and ongoing programs.
- Provides spiritual care for the residents. Ensures that excellent spiritual care is integrated within the continuum of care, particularly at the end of life. Participates in care conferences. Ensure timely spiritual assessment for residents.
- Ensure appropriate religious services are provided for all residents; oversees care of the chapel.
- Ensures compliance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. Serves as chair of the facility Ethics Committee. Ensures ethics consults are available to residents and families.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in theology, pastoral ministry or a related field, with a working knowledge of operations.
- Working knowledge of health care ethics and the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs).
- Strong preference is for a candidate of the Catholic faith tradition; exceptions include candidate’s ability to be supportive of the Catholic heritage and practices of the ministry and with prior experience in Catholic health care.
- Experience working with the elderly required; preferred in a health care setting.
- At least two years of demonstrated success in management positions, preferably in health care.
- At least two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent education/training in pastoral care with intention to become a Board Certified Chaplain.
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid-time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- On-site Child Day Care Center