If you are compelled by a sense of purpose and patriotism, where making a difference everyday in the lives of our Military men and women matters, where hard work and leadership skills drive your daily activities in a small, agile legacy aerospace and defense company, and where your voice and creativity is integral to shaping the future of a growing and accelerating organization, then Capewell wants you!
Founded in 1881, Capewell is a leading designer, manufacturer, and distributor of safety, tactical, parachute, and aerial delivery products for the defense, public safety, and law enforcement communities. Operating out of Meadow of Dan, Virginia and South Windsor, Connecticut, the company offers four core product segments of mission-critical components and systems: Life Support & Safety Products, Aerial Delivery Systems & Parachute Related, Timers & Sensors, and Technical Services. Capewell also offers a robust portfolio of capabilities and manufacturing techniques, including Technical Sewing and RF Welding, Machining, Precision Assembly, and Technical Services/Engineering/Distribution. Capewell is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Mechanical Engineer position. This position is in our Meadows of Dan, VA location. Job description is given below.
POSITION SUMMARY: Operating out of Capewell’s Meadows of Dan, VA facility while responsible and accountable to the Capewell Director of Engineering in South Windsor, CT, this position will design and develop of new and next-generation survivability products to be marketed and sold to the aerospace and defense industry. Additionally, this position is responsible for existing survivability product engineering efforts, including design, modification and drawing approvals while managing and maintaining a repository of approved version-controlled designs. The Mechanical Engineer, Capewell Virginia also works with Customers to create solutions for difficult engineering problems.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible to the Director of Engineering in South Windsor, CT for completing assigned duties. To fulfill that role, the Mechanical Engineer, Capewell Virginia must:
- Create and perform engineering analysis, designs, engineering masters, reports, programs and drawings, and approvals as required.
- Ensure that assigned activities are fully completed in a timely, understandable, and auditable way and conform to the company quality and safety requirements.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Create engineering proposals as required.
- Provide Engineering expertise and support in the execution of manufacturing efforts in Capewell, Virginia.
- Contribute to Design Reviews,
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Must possess an Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering and have minimum 3 years of Engineering experience. Ideally, experience should include military/aerospace design (structural, electrical), stress analysis (FE, classical), programming (LabVIEW, Excel VBA), drawing (3D CAD, engineering masters), testing (structural and electrical).
- Must be adept in the mechanical design of aerospace and defense survivability products and be fluent in AutoCAD Inventor, Engineering Masters, and Finite Element Analysis.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must be organized and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to occasionally travel to customer facilities and other locations.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EOE - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status.
Applicants for this position must be a U.S. Person, as defined by U.S. export control laws.