SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR
Butler Parachute Systems, Inc. located in Roanoke, VA is hiring experienced Sewing Machine Operators to join our committed team that is dedicated to delivering our customers the highest quality parachutes in the industry. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization do not hesitate to respond today.
As a member of the Butler Parachutes team, you will enjoy a 4-day work week Monday-Thursday 6am – 430pm, no nights or weekends. We also offer a competitive rate of pay between $13-$20 and full benefit package.
Summary: The Sewing Machine Operator completes sewing functions using various machines to assemble raw materials during the manufacturing process in accordance with the company’s quality standards and customer specifications. Candidate must be detailed oriented with a desire to sew quantity with high quality.
- Operate and maintain sewing machines: single/multi needle and other machines: bartacker, zigzag and related parts
- Use verification tools (ruler, tape measure etc.)
- Cut various types of textile materials using cutting tools
- Sew raw materials including any tapes and/or webbing
- Inspect and repair products as needed for quality control during production
- Keep accurate records of production output
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Industrial sewing machine operation (Preferred)
- Manufacturing environment (Preferred)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to stand or sit up to 10 hours in a day
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Use of arms and hands in continuous repetitive motions
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds
- Good eye/hand coordination
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work independently
- Strong work ethic, maintain favorable attendance record
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction accurately
Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent resident (International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirement)
Apply in person at 1821 Centre Ave., NW, Roanoke, VA 24017,
or you may email your resume to email@example.com.