Language Arts Teacher
Buena Vista City Public Schools is seeking Language Arts Teachers for Parry McCluer Middle School and Parry McCluer High School for the 2021-2022 school year. The successful applicant should possess a strong work ethic. This person will create an academic environment that will motivate students at different levels of learning and has the ability to make learning student-centered while incorporating technology-based resources to accelerate student achievement.
• A Collegiate or Postgraduate Professional License or eligible for a Virginia license and endorsed to teach in the subject to be taught.
• Must possess an understanding of the skills and processes outlined in the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL).
• Must have the ability to develop and maintain high standards for self and students and present instruction in an interesting, creative, and innovative manner.
• Prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials aligned to the curriculum.
• Instructing students in a supportive manner that addresses multiple learning styles and promotes high expectations.
• Creates an engaging classroom environment that provides for active student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve at the highest level.
• Must be willing to teach more than one grade level and work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with the site coordinator, administrators, other teachers, parents, and students.
• Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of student growth and development.
• Partnering with other teachers in coordinating academic standards, instructional programs, curriculum and other building level initiatives.
• Must be a team player and willing to plan and work with other teachers on a daily basis.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open Until Filled
START DATE: August 2021
Additional information is available by contacting Sherrie Wheeler at 540-261-2129 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer