Recreation Programs Coordinator- Recreation and Facilities Full-TimeBotetourt County - Administration
The Recreation Programs Coordinator performs administrative and physical duties associated with the operation of the County’s adult and youth recreation programs and special events. The standard work schedule may vary to include nights and/or weekends. This position exercises supervision of part-time staff and coordinates work with contractors.
- Assists in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and scheduling of all adult and youth recreation programs and special events.
- Assists in coaches training and certification programs.
- Assists in the training of officials.
- Assists in conducting background checks for youth sport coaches.
- Conducts program evaluations.
- Conducts evaluations of coaches.
- Conducts evaluations of officials.
- Operates and maintains department and school facilities and equipment.
- Communicates regular changes to activity schedules due to weather and user group conflicts.
- Regularly engages with the public in conflict resolution for activity related matters.
- Develops public relations programs; meets with community organizations, recreation booster clubs, and the general public to consider current and future recreation needs.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in recreation administration or related field, preferred.
- One to three years of professional experience in parks and recreation administration preferred.
- Knowledge of sports and recreation programs as well as the preparation needed to properly organize them.
Starting salary: $32,210.00 DOQ