Children’s Services Act CoordinatorBotetourt County - Administration
Children’s Services Act Coordinator Full-Time
Starting Salary: $35,753.00 DOQ
Botetourt County has an immediate opening for the position of Children’s Services Act Coordinator Full-Time
The Children’s Services Act Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and oversight of mandated services rendered under the Children’s Services Act for At Risk Youth and Families. This position is professional and managerial in nature, providing resources and knowledge to both internal and external audiences, including policy-making bodies. This position will have high public exposure and will be a public representative of the County during the normal course of work overseeing the County’s CSA mandated services.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating monthly Family Assessment Planning Team (FAPT) and Community Policy Management Team (CPMT) meetings.
- Identifies training needs for participants (FAPT, CPMT, Service Coordinators and community stakeholders).
- Responsible for scheduling meetings; preparing reports and materials; oversees recording and distribution of meeting minutes; reviewing cases; and presenting funding requests for CMPT and FAPT.
- Assists CPMT in writing, interpreting and implementing local policies and procedures.
- Distributes parent & provider notices, parent co-pay notices, questionnaires to families, ansd is responsible for receiving progress reports on clients, and updates client files.
- Meets with families to provide a better understanding of FAPT paperwork and the program and provides families and community agencies with appropriate referrals.
- Trains case managers , monitors compliance of child assessment tool, CANS, with requirements and deadlines.
- Position requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a four-year degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human services, public health or a related field
- At least 3 years of relevant professional work experience preferred
- Must have thorough knowledge of community-based at risk youth services, service providers, and CSA laws, regulations and policies.
Go to www.botetourtva.gov for application, complete job description and benefits summary.
Botetourt County, a growing suburban and rural environment has developed into a regional growth center of manufacturing, recreation, commercial, and agricultural activity. Our offices are located in Fincastle, an easy 25 minute commute from downtown Roanoke.
The position remains open until filled.
Botetourt County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.