Therapist, Women's SUD Services
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
If you are interested in providing gender-specific treatment services for pregnant and parenting women and their children, Project LINK is for you!
Project LINK provides specialized substance use case management and counseling for pregnant women, mothers and their infants, and women of childbearing age.
Therapists in Project LINK provide trauma informed individual and group counseling to clients to address their substance use and/or mental health disorders. The therapist also provides brief crisis counseling, assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning and coordinating referrals. The therapist will work with the program manager to broaden services provided by the Project LINK program.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday primarily day shift. No weekends or on-call!
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: License eligible as "Residents" under supervision of a licensed professional counselor, licensed marriage and family therapist, or licensed substance abuse treatment practitioner approved by the Virginia Board of Counseling; "Residents in psychology" under supervision of a licensed clinical psychologist approved by the Virginia Board of Psychology; "Supervisees in social work" under the supervision of a licensed clinical social worker approved by the Virginia Board of Social Work.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates will be required to submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $500 is paid in the paycheck after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly counseling women in obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System) and VA SLRP (State Loan Repayment Program)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. We are located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.