Therapist, School Based
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in counseling children and adolescents?
Therapists in our School-based Clinical Intervention Services Program provide brief counseling to address issues that put children at risk of needing more intensive services or removal from the home. They provide interventions to the child and family, which include psychoeducation, coaching and role modeling, as well as identifying resources in the community to assist the family in being successful. Therapists build relationships and collaborate with school personnel and respond quickly to school and family needs. They represent BRBH professionally to outside agencies.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm.
1. Education: Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and fulfills the criteria for eligibility to pursue professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
2. Experience: One year of counseling experience preferred.
3. Safe Driving Record: No more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal driving violations in the last five years.
4. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with children and making a difference for families in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a fun team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social WorkBRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.