Therapist, Outpatient Counseling Services
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in counseling adults with substance use?
Therapists in our Adult Outpatient Counseling Program provide counseling that assists clients in achieving and maintaining recovery from their substance use disorder, managing their mental health issues, and remaining in the community. Services are primarily provided in groups in a non-residential setting, and include Intensive Outpatient and Day Treatment groups.
The schedule for this position is primarily day shift. You may be asked to work one evening per week. No weekends!
What the week looks like for an Adult Outpatient Counseling Therapist: The Therapist's week includes regularly scheduled groups that meet multiple times per week and are co-facilitated with another staff member. Between groups, the Therapist may meet with clients individually, complete assessments, or provide crisis intervention. The highlight of a Therapist's week is when a client has an "a-ha!" moment in a group or counseling session and decides to make a positive change in their life.
1. Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
2. Experience: If licensed, minimum two (2) years clinical experience.
3. Knowledge: Possess knowledge and skills of treatment of population served, behavior modification, treatment planning, record documentation, de-escalation of volatile client situations, individual, group, and family counseling, and knowledge of human behavior.
4, Licensure/Certifications: Licensed in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist preferred. If not licensed, employees are required to pursue licensure.
5, Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
6. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with clients and making a difference in their lives and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. We are located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.