Therapist, Forensic Jail Services
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you want to be part of a drug and alcohol treatment program that gives inmates more options?
BRBH is seeking a Substance Abuse Therapist in Forensic Services to provide services to inmates participating in the residential substance use disorder (SUD) recovery programs located at the local jails.
Therapists perform individual and group counseling, treatment planning, outpatient counseling, evaluation and assessment, case management, crisis intervention, behavior modification and records documentation. Services are mainly provided in the jail.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have knowledge of counseling and the criminal justice system, be comfortable working independently in a controlled environment, and be a team player.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $500 is paid in the first paycheck after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free Licensure Supervision to work towards your LPC or LCSW
- Reduce Recidivism: In this job you spend the majority of your day helping incarcerated individuals learn skills they can use to reduce additional incarcerations.
- Experienced co-workers: Be part of the skilled team providing services including counseling, discharge planning, case management, and peer support. We all come together to provide individuals who have been incarcerated the skills they can use to succeed.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Licenses/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Virginia. LPC or LCSW Preferred
- Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Knowledge: A working knowledge of the criminal justice system is a plus!
- Background Checks: Candidates must be able to pass background checks including those required by the local jails.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.