Therapist, Crisis Stabilization and Detox
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work?
Would you like to be on front lines of new treatment modalities for substance use disorders? Would you like to use your clinical skills to develop creative, impactful group therapy programs to treat individuals experiencing a mental health crisis?
If so, our evening therapist position at our Crisis Stabilization and Detox Unit may be the perfect fit! Therapists in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide therapy to adults with serious mental illness, substance use disorders, individuals requiring a medical detoxification, or co-occurring diagnoses of mental illness and substance disorders and/or intellectual disabilities. Therapist's also complete assessments, admissions support, provide treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals, documenting client services, crisis interventions, and interacting with other professionals in the client's interest.
We provide medication assisted treatment, and our therapists are instrumental in this successful treatment for those suffering with substance use. Evening hours allow for you to facilitate innovative programming that complements the more structured daytime scheduling for those in treatment for both substance use and mental health disorders. We have an awesome staff and very supportive management. This is a program where you can make a huge difference in someone's life and assist them toward healthy functioning and positive relationships!
The schedule is 8:30am-5:00pm, Sunday-Thursday or 12:30pm-9:00pm, Tuesday-Saturday.
The Crisis Stabilization and Detox Unit (CSU) provides short-term (3 to 15 day) in-patient stabilization for individuals who have symptoms of mental illness that could, if not addressed, result in a need for hospitalization. This service also offers medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Those needing both detoxification and support for symptoms of mental illness are served. Services are provided in a recovery-oriented environment, and include skills training, psychiatric care, 12-step recovery groups on-site, and discharge planning to assure continuity of care in transitioning to outpatient services.
- Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Experience: If licensed, minimum of two (2) years clinical experience.
- Licensure/Certifications: Licensed in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist preferred. If not licensed, employees are required to pursue licensure.
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $500 is paid in the first paycheck after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free Licensure Supervision to work towards your LPC or LCSW
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH:http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.