Therapist, Coordinated Specialty Care
$3,000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and a passion for working with youth and young adults experiencing early symptoms of psychosis?
The Therapist, Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) provides counseling services for older youth, young adults, and their families. This position serves as a member of the CSC team, which focuses on early detection and treatment of psychosis in individuals ages 15-35.
- Participating in initial training and ongoing consultation provided by NAVIGATE program
- Providing psychoeducation and therapy to clients and their families/identified support person(s) to address symptoms of psychosis
- Participating in weekly team meetings
- Performing activities related to client services and agency procedures (e.g. assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning, etc.), documenting client services, interacting with other professionals in the client's interest, and providing necessary crisis intervention
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday (no weekends)!
- Education: Requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Experience: One (1) year related experience working with adolescents and or young adults.
- Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as Licensed Professional Counselor(LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW).
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and Rehires are eligible for a $3000 sign-on bonus: $750 paid at start, $750 paid after 3 months of employment, $750 paid after 6 months of employment, and $750 paid after 9 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
- Licensure Supervision: BRBH provides free licensure supervision for those requiring clinical licensure as part of their job requirements (LPC, LCSW, or CSAC). We prioritize supervision and you will meet with potential supervisors in your first two weeks.
- Team atmosphere: Our small team of case managers work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSWBRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.