Therapist, Coordinated Specialty Care & Crisis
Do you hold a master's degree in human services and have a desire to learn and be a part of a collaborative team?
The Therapist will serve as a therapist in crisis services in Child, Youth & Family Services, as well as a member of the Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) team.
As part of Crisis Services,this position performs assessments, short-term crisis counseling, and Crisis Intervention services in the community. Assures services and resources are coordinated among providers as needed to help individuals live and function optimally in the community.
As part of the CSC team, this position is responsible for providing direct services to clients and their families providing psychotherapy to individuals and/or families to assist in clarifying goals, cope with stressful situations, interact more effectively with others and overcome barriers to recovery.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday (no weekends)!
- Education: Requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as Licensed Professional Counselor(LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW).
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Licensure Supervision:BRBH provides free licensure supervision for those requiring clinical licensure as part of their job requirements (LPC, LCSW, or CSAC). We prioritize supervision and you will meet with potential supervisors in your first two weeks.
- Make a difference in the community: Many individuals served by our Supportive Housing program experience a reduction in psychiatric hospitalizations, a reduction in arrests, and maintain safe and stable housing.
- Team atmosphere: Our small team of case managers work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW