Therapist, Community Based Services
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
We provide each family with intensive treatment that is both strength-based and non-judgmental. We offer our staff flexible hours in a supportive team environment, and we have excellent benefits! Want to know more?
The Community Based Therapist provides individual and/or family therapy to children, adolescents and their families to address issues that are placing them at risk of more intensive services or removal from the community. The Therapist can also provide parenting, budgeting and/or homemaker skills as needed, as well as identifying resources in the community to assist the family in being successful. The therapist utilizes Evidence Based Treatment, such as Functional Family Therapy, to treat clinical mental health diagnoses and address family system disruptions. Other important responsibilities include performing activities related to client services and agency procedures (including assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals, etc.), documenting client services, interacting with other professionals in the client's interest, and providing necessary crisis interventions.
The schedule for the position is Monday- Friday!
- Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Experience: If licensed, minimum two (2) years clinical experience.
- Licensure/Certifications: Licensed in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist preferred. If not licensed, employees are required to pursue licensure.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years) and have or be eligible to obtain a VA Driver's license.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with families and making a difference in their lives and in our community.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSWBRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.