Therapist Co-Response (Marcus Alert)
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have experience collaborating with law enforcement and/or service providers?
The Co-Response Therapist partners with a law enforcement officer in the BRBH Catchment area to respond to public safety calls. Therapists will provide outreach, assessment, linkage to and coordination with other service providers as well as crisis intervention for clients, including those at high risk for suicide/homicide, evaluating risk and potential need for treatment. Activities related to co-response therapists include maintaining records according to agency's policies and procedures, preparing reports, interacting with other professionals in the clients' interest, attending and participating in staff meetings and professional development activities, developing relationships within local law enforcement partnerships.
This position will include various shifts, including possible holidays, possible weekends, and a rotational on-call schedule with other team members. (Marcus Alert Funds)
Licensed Eligible Pay: $26.25/hour. Licensed Pay: $32.81/hour.
- Education: This position requires a master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Experience: One year working in behavioral healthcare, or criminal justice/law enforcement is preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidate who are offer a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus: $500 paid at start and $500 paid after 6 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
- Licensure Supervision: BRBH provides free licensure supervision for those requiring clinical licensure as part of their job requirements (LPC, LCSW, or CSAC). We prioritize supervision and you will meet with potential supervisors in your first two weeks.
- Team atmosphere: Our small teams work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW