Therapist, Assertive Community Treatment
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and enjoys working in a positive team environment? ACT Team Therapists work directly with adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, and/or homelessness.
ACT Team Therapists provide Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), which is a multi-disciplinary team that provide an array of mental health services for individuals with significant mental illness who need intensive levels of support and service in their natural environment to permit or enhance functioning in the community. Services include psychotherapy, psychiatric assessment, medication management, care coordination, individual and group therapy, case management, and skill-building activities.
Must enjoy working with a team! This position requires frequent local travel, as 75% of services are provided in the community.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision towards LPC and LCSW!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you work one-on-one with clients and make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: we have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
· Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
· Experience: A minimum of one year of experience providing clinical services to adults diagnosed with serious mental illness.
· Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.