Supervisor, Senior Accountant
Do you have experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including financial statement preparation, analysis, accounts payable and receivable, credit card administration, petty cash transactions, journal entries, month-end close processes, and experience with year-end financial audits? BRBH is hiring for a Supervisor Senior Accountant!
The Supervisor Senior Accountant position is responsible for the timely, complete and accurate accounting and reporting for Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare, and its subsidiary ledger: Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. Under the direction of the Budget and Finance Director, this position provides oversight of the fiscal services team in the day-to-day accounting activities and ensuring that all established deadlines are met in order to facilitate the monthly and year-end closing.
Additional duties include:
- Oversees and directly supervises all aspects of accounts payable.
- Closely reviews the accounts receivable, and general accounting transactions to ensure accurate recording of the revenues, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of the agency for the monthly financial statements and financial analysis.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and Budget and Finance Director with fixed asset management, interim and end-of-year audits with the retained CPA firm as well as Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) audits.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detailed oriented, and have the ability to multitask and be a problem solver. Successful candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, accepting of change in a dynamic environment, be willing to work with a diverse team, and work across departments.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm with the option to work from home.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business/Finance.
2. Experience: Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a related field.
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Supporting our mission: This role provides a critical function of the Business & Finance Office, which allows BRBH to remain fiscally stable in order to continue serving our clients. Each day BRBH makes a difference in our community for individuals that have mental illness, developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits.htm
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA
BRBH follows CMS
(Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if
hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Accounting/ Finance