Supervisor, Residential Assistants
Are you a leader, flexible, and have a desire to work with individuals with mental illness or substance abuse disorders? BRBH is hiring for a Residential Assistant Supervisor!
Our Residential Assistant Supervisor ensures client services are carried out in a timely, ethical, and customer service-focused manner. Our Crisis Stabilization Unit is a Residential Treatment Program for Mental Health Crisis Stabilization and Substance Use Detox. Services are provided in a 16-bed facility that provides 24/7 stabilization and withdrawal management services for people with mental health and/or substance use disorders.
The team of Residential Assistants are responsible for monitoring client behavior on the Crisis Stabilization/Detox unit, assisting with rounds and reporting any abnormal findings to nurse on duty.
- Provides direct supervision to Residential Assistants to include scheduling, job duties, hiring, performance reviews, and coordination of trainings
- Will be first point of contact for scheduling and managing coverage
- Coordinate training of new staff
- Provide leadership and guidance to team of Residential Assistants
- Provide direct care as needed when staff are in training, absent, or additional assistance is needed - including meal preparation, light housekeeping, monitoring client vital signs, and support of other client needs
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock of supplies
1. Education: High School Diploma required
2. Experience: One year of experience working with individuals with mental illness or chemical dependency is required. Experience in a residential treatment facility is a plus!
3. Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
4. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Supporting Great Staff: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Providing Opportunities for Recovery: In this job each day the CSU team provides opportunities and direct support to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.