Supervisor Housing Specialist
Do you have experience working in the human services field and a desire to take your career to the next level? Do you possess leadership skills and enjoy providing guidance and being a role model to your fellow employees?
As a Supervisor in the Permanent Supportive Housing program at BRBH, you will lead a team of seven motivated Housing Specialists as they provide services to adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness who have struggled with homelessness. We have funding to help with rent and furnishings for those who qualify, and we work to help them access comprehensive wrap-around services so they can successfully transition into housing.
Pay Grade: $37,144.68-$61,907.80/annually
- Education: Minimum of a high school diploma. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a human services field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum two years clinical experience working in the human services field. Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position must undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Make a difference in the community: Many individuals served by our Supportive Housing program experience a reduction in psychiatric hospitalizations, a reduction in arrests, and maintain safe and stable housing.
- Supporting Great Staff: Our Housing Specialists work hard to change lives and need a supervisor who is a good communicator, knowledgeable about community resources, has a positive attitude, has good clinical skills, and enjoys teaching others.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm