Supervisor, Centralized Scheduling
The Scheduling Supervisor leads the team of Schedulers in providing excellent internal and external customer service while scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling a high volume of client appointments for multiple agency locations. The Schedulers respond to requests for behavioral health appointments in person or by phone, email, or electronic messaging. The schedule for this position is 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with one hour lunch, Monday - Friday.
The Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating the scheduling process, scheduling appointments, resolving issues, communicating status of appointments by providing reports to staff, reviewing reports to ensure thorough data entry, coaching and mentoring staff, scheduling staff, and ensuring staff coverage.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, flexible, and have strong customer service skills. The successful candidate will enjoy assisting individuals who may have mental illness or developmental disabilities and be able to lead others to work well under pressure.
- One year experience working in a healthcare setting with scheduling functions and an understanding of HIPAA (client confidentiality).
- One year of customer service experience working with diverse client populations, including individuals diagnosed with intellectual disabilities, serious mental illness, and/or substance abuse.
- Supervisory experience in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma Required. Associates or Bachelor's degree is a plus.
Why work at BRBH?
- Support Great Staff: Schedulers assist our clients in scheduling needed appointments in a convenient way and provide critical support to our clinical staff providing services in the community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.