Substance Use Counseling Therapist, Master's requiredBlue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work?
Are you interested in counseling adults with substance use?
Therapists in our Adult Outpatient Counseling Program provide counseling that assists clients in achieving and maintaining recovery from their substance use disorder, managing their mental health issues, and remaining in the community. Services are primarily provided in groups in a non-residential setting, and include Intensive Outpatient and Day Treatment groups.
The schedule for this position is weekdays. No weekends!
What the week looks like for an Adult Outpatient Counseling Therapist:
The Therapist's week includes regularly scheduled groups that meet multiple times per week and are co-facilitated with another staff member. Between groups, the Therapist may meet with clients individually, complete assessments, or provide crisis intervention. The highlight of a Therapist's week is when a client has an "a-ha!" moment in a group or counseling session and makes decides to make a positive change in their life.
Experience/ Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
2. One year of experience working with adults with mental health and/or substance use disorders.
3. Skills: Possess knowledge and skills of treatment of population served, behavior modification, treatment planning, record documentation, de-escalation of volatile client situations, individual, group, and family counseling, and knowledge of human behavior,
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with clients and making a difference in their lives and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. We are located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work