$3000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work and are interested in counseling children and families involved in the juvenile justice system?
The Therapist in the Juvenile/Domestic Court Services Unit provides counseling services for children, adolescents, and their families.This position serves as a liaison between BRBH and Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Center (RVJDC) administrative staff and provides mental health services to youth within RVJDC.
- performing activities related to client services and agency procedures (including assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals, etc.), documenting client services, interacting with other professionals in the client's interest, and providing necessary crisis intervention.
- providing therapy to clients to address their mental health issues during incarceration.
- serving as a mentor or coach for other therapists and case managers.
- training RVJDC administrative staff regarding mental health related topics; answering day to day administrative questions involving practical application of RVJDC and/or BRBH policies and procedures.
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW is a plus!
- Licensure/Certifications: Eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Safe Driving Record: No more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal driving violations in the last five years.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and rehires are eligible for a $3000 sign-on bonus: $1500 at start and $1500 after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus.
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Provide Hope: Each day you will spend time making a difference for families of children transitioning back to our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a positive team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.