RN Nurse Manager
Looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of a rewarding program that makes an immediate and visible difference in people's lives and the community?
Our CSU Registered Nurse Manager oversees a team of RNs, LPNs, Nurse Practitioners, and Residential Assistants for our Residential Treatment Program for Mental Health Crisis Stabilization and Substance Use Detox. The Nurse Manager is responsible for medical services provided in a 16-bed facility that provides 24/7 stabilization and withdrawal management services for people with mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and continued evaluation of nursing staff.
- Provide leadership to Residential Assistant Supervisor and RN Nurses-In-Charge.
- Ensure adequate staffing for the unit to serve the needs of the clients.
- Ensure the delivery of quality nursing services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
- Ensure adherence of company, program, DMAS and DBHDS requirements for RCSUs.
- Assist with and monitor the referral of individuals for services with our program.
- Coordinate with other departments within the agency.
- Attend and participate in multiple meetings that enhance client care, program and staff development, and division goals.
- Assist with some employee health needs for the company.
- Promotes the program in the community.
M-F 8 hour shifts with 24 hour on call availability to provide assistance and leadership to scheduled staff.
1. License: Active, unrestricted Registered Nurse license within the Commonwealth of Virginia
2. Experience: Minimum 2 years' nursing experience combined with experience in a psychiatric setting - charge nurse/ leadership experience is a plus!
3. Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
4. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Supporting Great Staff: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Providing Opportunities for Recovery: In this job each day the CSU team provides opportunities and direct support to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.