Residential Assistant (PRN)
Are you looking to gain experience working with individuals with a mental illness or substance abuse disorder? Do you consider yourself a team player and flexible? BRBH is hiring for a Residential Assistant (PRN)!
The Residential Assistant (PRN) is responsible for monitoring client behavior on the Crisis Stabilization/Detox unit, assisting with rounds and reporting any abnormal findings to nurse on duty.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- assisting with admissions and discharges
- answering telephones
- completing and recording vital signs
- assisting clients to groups and meals
- providing client transportation as needed
- completing medication pick-ups, and assisting in the kitchen as needed
- other duties include responsibility for overall cleanliness of the unit including sanitizing beds, changing linens, mopping floors, emptying trash, sanitizing bathrooms
The schedule for this position is evenings/weekends.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Good driving record: This position requires being eligible to drive agency vehicles, so candidate's driving record must have no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years.
- Experience working directly with individuals with mental illness or substance disorders preferred
- Physical requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will often sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, crawl and reach above their head. Use of hands for placing and pulling objects. The employee frequently lifts and or carries up to 50 pounds and pushes or pulls up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (driving). Specific hearing required by this job includes normal tones.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid will be required, training is provided after hire.
- Candidates will be required to submit to a fingerprint criminal background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Gain experience: In this job each day you work with individuals with different diagnosis, symptoms, and medical needs.
- Great co-workers: Staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.