Registered Nurse (RN) (Three 12-hour Shifts)
$1000 Sign-on Bonus
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a low stress work environment?
The schedule for this position is full time - three 12-hour shifts per week!
This position is eligible for 5% Nurse in Charge pay and 11% shift differential!
Available shifts are:
- 6:00pm-6:30am Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday
- 7a-730p shift with alternating Sundays
Registered Nurses in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing and medical detoxification to individuals in a short-term residential and therapeutic environment.
Our nurses join a multi-disciplinary team of professionals who have the ability to make an immediate and lasting impact in our community. Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team of valued staff who enjoy challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive management.
Responsibilities include physical, dental, mental health and withdrawal assessments, admissions and discharges,guiding and serving as a resource to on-site Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and/or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Residential Assistants as well as serving as "in charge" person in absence of Coordinator/Manager, when assigned.
Other responsibilities include:
- Obtaining and interpreting vital signs and weight, monitoring lab results, administering oral (PO), subcutaneous (SubQ), and/or intramuscular (IM) medications, educating clients regarding psychotropic, detoxification or medical medication side-effects, and health and wellness topics.
- Facilitating group meetings with clients to discuss life skills, particularly relating to individual health and safety.
- Initiating or responding to phone contacts with clients, medical providers, pharmacists, case managers and other providers, as appropriate, regarding medication needs, lab reports, side effects, etc.
- Documenting all pertinent nursing assessments or notes in the electronic health record, and accurately documenting medication orders and administration in the Medical Administration Record (MAR).
1. Licensure/Certifications: Must have an active, unrestricted license as an RN in the State of Virginia.
2. Experience: One year of nursing experience in the healthcare field preferred with preference to those with experience in psychiatric or substance use setting - charge nurse experience helpful. Electronic health record experience preferred.
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus
- Great Schedule! Our RNs work three 12 hour shifts (36 hours) and receive full time pay and benefits!
- Shift Differential for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our community.
- Great co-workers: We provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy, which starts accruing on your first day!
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.