Registered Nurse (RN)
$5000 Sign On Bonus *See below
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a low stress work environment?
RN's in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide psychiatric nursing and medical detoxification to individuals in a short-term residential and therapeutic environment.
The schedule for this position is full time - three 12-hour shifts per week! Shifts are 6pm-630am Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
This position is eligible for 5% Nurse in Charge pay and 5% shift differential!
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $5000 sign on bonus - $1250 is paid at start, $1250 paid at three months of employment, $1250 paid at six months of employment, and $1250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Great Schedule! Our RNs work three 12 hour shifts and receive full time pay and benefits!
- Shift Differential for evening/weekend shifts!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make an immediate and lasting impact in our community.
- Great co-workers: We provide an environment that thrives on positive interactions with both clients and coworkers.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy, which starts accruing on your first day!
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Our nurses join multi-disciplinary team of professionals who have the ability to make an immediate and lasting impact in our community. Our nurses are part of a small, handpicked team of valued staff who enjoy challenges, fast pace, autonomy and supportive management.
Responsibilities include assessing and prioritizing client health needs and concerns upon admission and during monitoring, developing a treatment plan, maintaining electronic medical record to promote coordinated care, initiate and monitor detoxification protocol, provide crisis intervention as needed, monitor response to psychotropic medications as prescribed, provide nursing care, education, and administer medication to clients with mental health, substance use disorders, and/or developmental disabilities to assist in recovery. The eligible candidate will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of clinicians, therapists, residents, and physicians.
- Must have an active, unrestricted license as an RN in the State of Virginia.
- One (1) year nursing experience in the healthcare field preferred with preference to those with experience in psychiatric or substance us setting - charge nurse experience helpful.
- Electronic health record experience preferred.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.