Registered Nurse (RN), Assertive Community Treatment
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
BRBH's large, quick-paced ACT team is looking for a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse (RN) who has a passion for clients who are at risk. At BRBH, we believe that the people we serve are our first priority and our employees are our most valuable resource. Come join our ACT team!
RNs on our ACT team take a lead role in management and delivery of medications for clients with severe and persistent mental illness that are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, or homelessness and have been unsuccessful in traditional mental health services. Up to 20% travel required, as many client services are performed in various environments, including client homes, parking lots, shelters, and other community locations.
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a team-based treatment model that provides multidisciplinary, flexible treatment and support to people with mental illness 24/7. ACT is based around the idea that people receive better care when their mental health care providers work together. ACT team members help the person address every aspect of their life, whether it be medication, therapy, social support, employment or housing. Successful candidates will have the ability and preference for a work setting that requires multi-tasking and changing priorities.
Studies have shown that ACT is more effective than traditional treatment for people experiencing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder and can reduce hospitalizations by 20%.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, works well within a team setting, and is open to learning. To be successful in this role you must have good communication and time management skills and be detailed oriented.
This position is full time. The regular schedule is Mon - Fri; days, with rotating evenings (no later than 8:30) and weekends (1 Weekend day every 5-6 weeks).
- RN License: Registered Nurse (active, unrestricted license in the Commonwealth of Virginia)
- Qualified Mental Health Professional - Adult (QMHP-A) or QMHP Trainee
- Experience: One year of psychiatric nursing experience
- Safe Driving Record: Active, unrestricted driver's license and a good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations within the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus: $500 paid at start and $500 paid at 6 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
- Great co-workers: Our staff LOVE working with our clients and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Free supervision for QMHP -Trainee!
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/brbh_benefits.pdf
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 45 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Search Categories: Human Services / Behavioral Health / Registered Nurse / Nursing / Psychiatric / Social Work / Psychology / Counseling / Medication Management / Assessments / Case ManagementBRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.