No on-call, no nights, and no weekends!
About Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare:
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is a public community health center serving two cities and three counties in Virginia's Roanoke Valley. BRBH was established under the Code of Virginia to provide services to children, adults, and families with mental illness, substance use disorders, and developmental disabilities. BRBH serves over 11,000 individuals and families annually in the cities of Roanoke and Salem and the counties of Botetourt, Craig, and Roanoke, comprising a population base of approximately of 255,683 over an area of 1,181.0 square miles in urban, rural, and suburban communities in the beautiful Roanoke Valley of Virginia.
Roanoke is known for its vibrant outdoor lifestyle. The Roanoke Valley is home to stunning scenery, friendly people, and tremendous recreational opportunities in the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains, as well as a thriving arts and performing arts community, excellent restaurants, and attractive quality of life.
BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Why work at BRBH?
- Day Schedule: The schedule for this position is day shift, Monday - Friday. (Full Time)
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on the first day of employment.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Competitive Salary: Pay is negotiable, based on experience.
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment Page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
The Psychiatrists in Adult Services are responsible for psychiatric assessment and treatment to adults.
They provide psychiatric assessment and treatment to BRBH clients in a collaborative relationship with a licensed psychiatrist.
- obtaining health/mental health history
- performing examinations
- determining the plan of care
- conducting specialized screenings as appropriate
- ordering and interpreting lab work and/or specialized diagnostic procedures
- prescribing medications and calculating drug dosages
- monitoring treatment and referring as appropriate
- counseling client on individual plan of care
- encouraging compliance with treatment
- maintaining and updating electronic medical record.
- License: Active, unrestricted license as a Psychiatrist in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Background Check: Candidates are required to undergo a fingerprint background check and drug screen.