Outpatient Case Manager
Do you have a bachelor's degree in a human services field? Are you interested in providing case management services to adults with substance use?
The Case Manager position will provide education, assessment and discharge planning services to clients at a high risk of relapse/continued use if basic needs are not met. The overall goal is to engage clients in needed services and improve outcomes for those working to address substance use, mental health and co-occurring issues in early recovery.
The provision of case management services, is designed to assist an individual with a substance use disorder and/or a mental illness, in accessing needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, residential, and other supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs.
The schedule for this position is 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Entry Level Pay: $19.81/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in an acceptable human services field is required.
- Experience: Behavioral healthcare experience a plus!
- Licensure/Certification: CSAC preferred at time of hire, if not at time of hire, must complete requirements for the CSAC within 2 years of hire.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with clients and making a difference in their lives and in our community.
- Team atmosphere: Our small team work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW