Non Employee Application (Intern, Temp, Volunteer, Contractor)
This application is used for volunteer workers, students, or designated contract workers interested in a position with any program at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare. Internships are unpaid.
If you have questions about internships, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Internships Available in the following departments for Summer & Fall 2022 - Associate, Bachelor, & Master Level:
- Adult Developmental Disability (DD) Care Coordination is responsible for coordination of resources and support designed to facilitate independence and stability for adults with developmental disabilities. (Bachelor Level Only)
- Adult Mental Health (MH) Care Coordination assists adults diagnosed with serious mental health illness in accessing supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs. (Associate Level Only)
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) provides home and community-based services to adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness who are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, and homelessness. ACT is an evidence-based model that has been used for over 40 years to help individuals to live stable successful lives. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Child Youth and Family Services (CYFS) serve clients under the age of 18 to help them reach their treatment goals and objectives. Interventions include collaboration with family members, guardians, and others as appropriate for treatment. (Associate, Bachelor, and Master Level)
- Emergency Services provides crisis intervention, crisis counseling, assessment, and psychiatric hospital pre-admission screening for individuals located within the BRBH catchment area. Most assessments are conducted with local hospitals and jails either through telehealth or in-person. Information such as psychiatric history, medication compliance, capacity to take care of basic needs, possible substance abuse and risk of harm is gathered for each screening. Clients needing inpatient hospital admission can include adults, adolescents or children. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Outpatient Counseling provides counseling that assists clients in achieving and maintaining recovery from their substance use disorder, managing their mental health issues, and remaining in the community. Services are primarily provided in groups in a non-residential setting, and include Intensive Outpatient and Day Treatment groups. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Project LINK provides specialized substance use case management and counseling for pregnant women, mothers and their infants, and women of childbearing age. (Bachelor and Master Level)
BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.